Wednesday 15 October 2014

CROCKPOT CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP (LOWFAT)

CROCKPOT CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP (LOWFAT)
3 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
3 stalks celery, cut into chunks
1 large onion, quartered
3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
2 cans chicken broth-I use the Swansons Healthy Request, fat free
2 to 3 soup cans of water
a generous shake of dried dill and a generous shake of dried parsley
8 oz. noodles - I use the "No Yolks" brand broad noodles
Put vegetables in CP. Add chicken. Pour in broth and water. Add dill
and parsley. Cover and cook on low 8 hours. Remove veggies and
chicken from CP. Add noodles, turn to high and heat while you shred
the chicken and mince the veggies. I run the veggies through the food
processor. Return chicken and veggies to CP and heat
through. It takes the noodles about 20 minutes to cook.
Serves about 6 hungry folks. I use a 5 qt CP for this. I also use frozen
chicken breast right out of the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment